Friday 16 November 2012

Get Rid of Your Stress or Anger: The Joys of Sleeping Cats!

Angry? Stressed? Here's a new remedy you may not have heard before...

  
ways to control anger and stress - sleeping cat














I've grown up always having pet cats. For the last 4 years since having moved out, I have really been missing having a cat around the house. Not just for cuddles, not just for cuteness, but I actually find myself more stressed without one. Gone are the days when I could wander into a bedroom to find a fluffy, snoozing, peaceful creature curled up purring away. Instead, I'm momentarily distracted by a dark pair of shoes in the corner of a room, or a bin bag waiting by the back door. No. It's not a cat, sadly, it's just an unfriendly inanimate object...
 
So, yes, I know some of you hate cats. Yes, I've heard it all before 'they're not as loyal as dogs' 'they use humans' 'they're sneaky and malicious' etc etc etc... But have you ever just looked at one when its sleeping, when you're full of the day's stress and angst? When you're outraged? Or just when you're plain irritated?
 
There's no denying that many sources of stress go a little deeper than just needing to see a peaceful sleepy feline, but sometimes when we feel wound-up after a stressful day, and feeling a little hard-done-by, a cuddly little cat (or a sleeping baby or puppy even) can help restore our faith in innocence, simplicity and peace...
 
Go on - just try it. Next time you're angry, go and find a sleeping cat!














Text and Images Copyright © Lise Griffiths, 2012
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments!